The Rural Bioeconomy Alliance was officially launched at the COOPID Bioeconomy Conference in Brussels on May 31, 2023. This alliance brings together a cluster of European-funded projects with the purpose of accelerating and supporting the development of circular rural bioeconomy initiatives in the European Union (EU).
The key objectives of the Rural Bioeconomy Alliance include:
- Accelerating the overall development of the bioeconomy sector.
- Investigating, developing, and analyzing successful bioeconomy case studies, best practices, and pilot projects to enhance the adoption of circular bioeconomy concepts.
- Promoting and increasing the adoption of circular bioeconomy concepts throughout the EU.
- Sharing knowledge and disseminating project outcomes.
- Supporting communication and dissemination activities.
The alliance members will actively contribute to the advancement of circular rural bioeconomy initiatives in the EU through various means, such as exchanging insights and knowledge on innovative technological developments, sharing success stories and pilot projects, organizing workshops and seminars, and engaging in other collaborative efforts.
The Rural Bioeconomy Alliance consists of the following members:
- MainstreamBIO Project
- CEE2ACT Project
- ROBIN project
- SCALE-UP project